Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas Post Number 3

Not only do we get to celebrate Christmas Eve on the 24th, we also get to celebrate Ryan’s birthday. He turned 28 this year and we had a lot of fun celebrating with his family.

His mom made her special French toast for breakfast and Ryan opened up his gifts.

IMG_1281 

IMG_1282

Later that day, Janelle, Dan and all their kids came over for an early Christmas. We opened presents with them and spent some time with them that afternoon.

IMG_1289

I found this great shirt for Nathan to wear for the holiday. If you can’t read it, it says, “Believe me, I’m nice!”

IMG_1287

For his birthday dinner, Ryan wanted to do a Pizza Bar and it was delicious! We made at least a half a dozen different kinds of pizza.

IMG_1293

Toppings and Sauces

IMG_1295

Bob’s Super Meat Pizza. I think there’s a crust under there.

IMG_1296

IMG_1297

Yum! Now I’m hungry for pizza again!

We also celebrated with Cheesecake. Of course!

IMG_1301

He looks patient, but I’m sure he would have downed that whole thing if given the chance!

IMG_1302

Nathan got to “help” blow out the candles. Good thing, cause there were a LOT!

Christmas morning we finally had to wake Nathan up because we were too excited to open presents.

IMG_1307 

IMG_1316

Santa came! Although, Santa returned that toy and bought a better one after he saw how flimsy it was.

IMG_1317

This was Nathan’s face when he realized that his stocking was full of toy cars!

IMG_1321

Grandma

IMG_1323

Grandpa

IMG_1333

A mini foosball table! Sweet!

IMG_1299

Speaking of sweet, here’s a small sample of all the Christmas cookies. Still, I managed to go a whole two weeks sugar free.

After Christmas we headed back to Washington to spend the New Year with my family. Unfortunately, I hurt my neck and back sitting on the airplane on the way home so I didn’t take very many pictures at all. I did get a picture of Nathan opening his new Toy Story comforter for his big boy bed.

IMG_1339

I also found a few from Washington before we went to Arizona that I wanted to share.

IMG_1151

Ryan trying on Leslie's white elephant gift. In case you can’t tell, it sparkles.

IMG_1154

Mom and Dad on their way to a fancy dinner for Boeing.

We made it home just in time for everyone to get a yucky cold. I think we are now finally starting to recover from our wonderful vacation!

1 comment:

trishaz said...

Celebrating Ryan's birthday was fun - and it wasn't the cookies that put on the weight - it was that pizza and cheesecake!