Wednesday, September 18, 2013

May and June, sans pictures

I want to blog briefly about May and June, even though I don’t have any (maybe a couple) pictures left from those months.

May:

Anniversary- Ryan and I celebrated our 7th anniversary on the 4th by going out to breakfast and shopping for a new light for our bedroom. We know how to live on the wild side!

IMG209

Mother’s Day- Ryan made Mother’s Day so special this year, as he always does. He and the kids made a great card listing all the things they love about me, then gave me gifts that corresponded to each thing. Ryan said that I am sweet (peanut butter cups) and beautiful (earrings). Nathan said he loves when I give him a bath (bubble bath) and when I say silly words (iTunes   gift card). Emma loves when I hold her (massage gift card) and when I feed her (gift card for lunch out by myself).

Father/Son campout- Nathan and Ryan went on the Father/Son campout for the first time this year. They had a lot of fun making s’mores and playing ninja turtles in the tent late at night. Nathan woke up extra early and since he’s not very good at being quiet, Ryan took him on an early morning hike (away from the campsite). They ate 2 breakfasts and boated on the lake.

Office Party- When the last episode of The Office aired, we threw a little party with my family. We ate Big Tuna sandwiches, bagels shaped like “c’s”, Stanley’s free pretzels,bacon cooked on a George Foreman, and double fudge brownies. I even tired to encase a stapler in Jell-O. I think we’re going to miss this show.

June:

We had a special family party the day before Father’s Day to celebrate Father’s Day and my birthday and Leslie’s birthday. Kevin came down from Bellingham to party with us.

Father’s Day- Ryan got the royal treatment all day. We got him some garage organizing things, which we still have boxed up and ready to organize with!

My Birthday- I turned 27 on the 17th and celebrated with a relaxing day at home. Ryan even surprised me by taking the day off. My parents and Leslie came over that evening for cake and presents.

Photo: It's my party and I can eat brownies with peanut butter cream cheese mousse, chocolate ganache, and peanut butter snickers if I want to!

The next day we went back to Puyallup for Leslie’s 15th birthday. I think at that point we were all partied out!

 

 

Summer time fun!

Photo: Look at that cute face! Also, look at those pants . . . (Grandma Betty for the win!)

 IMG_4795 IMG_4797   IMG_4801

No comments: