Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Hunt for Asparagus


A friend of mine, who grew up in the Rexburg area told me recently about how asparagus grows wild in the ditches this time of year. We decided to see if we could find any yesterday. The three of us (me, Heidi, and LaNelle) searched the ditches for this yummy (and expensive) veggie. We didn't find much because there has been a lot of rain and not a lot of sun lately. We all came home with a few really good pieces. I felt like a homeless person on the side of the road with my grungy clothes and my plastic bag, digging through the ditches. It was quite an adventure and something I'd like to try again!

2 comments:

LaNelle said...

We should SO go again once its finally sunny! I do have to say that eventhough we got pelted by hail, it was still fun!

david santos said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.