Monday, April 23, 2012

I Love to See the Temple

For the last month or so, Nathan has been talking a lot about the temple.

IMG_2874

One day, Nathan drove all his cars to the “temple” (a piece of white Styrofoam).

He keeps telling us he’s going to go, so we decided to plan a trip as a family to go see it.

IMG_2996

The Seattle Temple is only about a 30 minute drive from our house and the weather was beautiful!

IMG_2969

My guys! I might miss being the only girl in the house!

IMG_2971

He doesn’t sit still for long.

IMG024

Nathan loved all the stairs, and paths, and the flowers, and the big fountain.

IMG_2983

I opted to sit in the shade while the boys walked around. Can you see me?

IMG_2977

39 weeks. There’s no way around it. I’m just big and uncomfortable now. I definitely would have enjoyed this trip more if I was less pregnant, but I’m so glad we did it.

IMG_2993

Our eternal family of 3, one last time!

Just a side note:

The other day Nathan said to me, “I’m going to get baptized.”

Me: That’s right, but you have to wait until you’re 8 years old.

Nathan: I’m 3!

Me: Yep, so you have to wait 5 years, then you can get baptized. Do you know who’s going to baptize you?

Nathan: JESUS!!!

That would be pretty special, but he seemed pretty excited when he found out his Daddy was going to baptize him instead.

4 comments:

trishaz said...

What beautiful pictures! A perfect time to visit the temple. Nathan is onto a good thing there. Visit often. Does he have a picture of the temple in his room?

AlixSteele said...

I love the little paths at the Seattle Temple. I don't know that I've been to one that had so many places to explore. I'm glad you guys got to go even though I'm sure you were soooo tired by the end of the day.

LisaJones said...

That's so fun that Nathan's so excited about the temple and that you guys are so close! I think I took it for granted when we were in provo, just 10 minutes away. Now it's 2 1/2 hours and with two kids its pretty hard to figure out how to get there. Good luck with this new little girl! You're going to have so much fun. Girls are the best!...but I'm a little biased.

trishaz said...

It brings back the memories for me to see Nathan walk the same paths you both did 6 years ago.