Sunday, May 6, 2012

Emma’s First Week

I’m working on Emma’s birth story but it’s taking me a while, obviously because I have a toddler and a newborn, but I also want to get all the details just right. It’ll be up sometime this next week. In the mean time, here’s some pictures from Emma’s first week.

IMG_3016

Meeting Papa for the first time.

IMG_3014

Today is my birthday!

IMG_3019

Meeting Aunt Leslie for the first time.

IMG_3029

“World’s Greatest Brother”

IMG028

Sooo tired, but sooo happy!

IMG_3030

Emma got to meet her future husband, Joshua when she was only 2 days old.  Look at him adoring her already!

IMG_3037

IMG_3038

IMG_3040

Nathan is really good with her. He loves to give her kisses and sing to her. I just have to remind him to be gentle sometimes. He also has the strange idea that her head turns all the way around and occasionally decides to try it out. 

IMG_3045 - Copy

Emma had her first bath at 3 days old. She wasn’t a fan.

IMG_3051

IMG038

This picture is really poor quality because I took it on my phone, but I think it’s a cute one of the two of them together.

IMG_3055

We were so lucky that Emma was born on a Friday because that meant Ryan got to be home the whole weekend and then he took Monday and Tuesday off. I still wasn’t ready for him to go, though!

IMG_3056

Daddy’s Little Princess

IMG_3075

Can you see how light her hair is here? I’d describe it as light brown, but sometimes it looks kind of reddish. We’ll see . . .

6 comments:

Wendy A. Jones said...

She is beautiful! Can't wait to meet her in person.

Erin Gentry said...

OMGosh...she's so adorable...and I love the little blanket you have her wrapped in. Hee-Hee!!! It was so nice to visit you last week and meet her in person. Precious!!!

Mrs Abbott said...

So cute! I love little girls! Does Nathan have a baby doll that's head can move all the way around? Maybe he got the idea from that! Congratulations!!!

Fox and Amy said...

She is so cute, and it does look like her hair will be light! Babies are the best!

Melinda said...

She's such a chubby newborn! I love it!! Does Nathan's head look ginormous now?!?! haha

Beck said...

So cute! Her hair looks kind of red in that last picture. Adorable! Makes me even more excited for my little girl!