Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Mother's Love is the Greatest Love of All

We had quite a week! My mom came to visit on Tuesday and stayed until Friday night. It is always so wonderful to see her. We spend a lot of time just hanging out together which was nice because I know we both crave all the girl talk we can get. We also got to use her Costco card and stock up on some things we need. I printed off all the pictures from my digital camera since we have been married. Over 300 total! I now have no excuse to wait on all the scrapbooking I need to do. On New Year's Eve the three of us went out to dinner and stayed up until midnight (we barely made it). Card games are way more fun when you are beyond tired! New Year's Day we went to downtown Salt Lake to see the lights on Temple Square. It was freezing but really beautiful. It was so hard to say goodbye to my mom. My heart is a little tender still about her leaving but I am so excited that I only have to wait another 12 weeks until she comes back with my whole family to see our baby! It was fun to have my mom here while I am still pregnant. She got to feel the baby kicking and watch my tummy wiggle. I have a very VERY wiggly baby, so I wasn't surprised. Here are a few pictures from her visit. I won't share too many because I'm sure she wants to post some on her new blog.





By the way, Ryan and I are super excited because we are now the proud owners of a travel system (car seat and stroller) and a crib! Woo hoo! We set up our crib yesterday and we discovered that we need to get rid of a lot of stuff if we want room for a baby and we also realized that this baby is coming sooner than we think! Yay!




2 comments:

Melinda said...

Heather you look so cute! I'm glad you had a good time with your mom, it IS hard to see them go isn't it?! You're right, the time will fly by and then your baby will be here! How exciting! :)

trishaz said...

You got a very nice crib and cover set. It makes it seem more real doesn't it when you start to get all the things ready? You look so cute pregnant, Heather. When we saw you last you barely looked pregnant. He is growing fast!! We are so excited for you both and can't wait to see our new grandson!! Love, Mom and Dad Bartron