Sunday, February 28, 2010

February Projects

It's the last day of the month so I'd like to share my February projects with you!

1. Shopping Cart Cover

I've been wanting to make one of these for a long time but decided I couldn't wait any longer when I caught Nathan sucking on the front of the grocery cart. Gross! I have a much more complicated pattern, but I found this simple cover online and decided to try it out. It doesn't fit all shopping carts perfectly, but it was SO easy to make!
(Not a great picture of Nathan, but for once, I wasn't taking a picture of him)


2. Living Room Curtains

My living room windows have been needing some color for a while so I added a splash of red. My mom found this red panel at Ross for a dollar (Go, Mom!) so I did some adjusting (cut the top off and added ribbon ties at the top) and made this curtain to hang in between my boring white panels. It's not perfect, but it was easy, and I love it!


3. Couch pillows

At some point I am going to recover our yucky little love seat, but in the mean time, I started by making a few little pillows. Again, I'm all about using leftover fabric, so these pillows are made out of an old tablecloth that had a few holes in it. And leftover ribbon from the curtains. You might be able to tell that I still need to stitch up the sides where I stuffed them.


I didn't finish a few little projects I had planned for this month (what was I thinking: lots of projects in a short month?) but I got some great things accomplished!

I'm so excited for March!

3 comments:

Tia Langston said...

Good job....now do you want to finish some (unstarted) projects for me?!?!?

trishaz said...

Great job! You set a goal and you accomplished something(s) on your list. That is wonderful! I love each one of them and can't even remember what you might not have gotten done. Save a spot somewhere for that afghan I have been working on for 4 years now - I think you are getting it in April no matter what size it is by then. Love. Mom-in-law.

Fox and Amy said...

Yay you! I love the shopping cart cover, and the curtains and pillows are so cute!