We’ve all heard the saying, “hindsight is better than foresight”, and if you’re like me, you’ve probably been hearing it from your mom. Foresight is kind of out the window for me right now so I thought I’d think a little bit about hindsight. Today is my 25th birthday and I have no idea where my life is headed. I wish that an older, more mature Heather could come and tell me where I’ll be and what I’ll be doing in the future. I remember wishing this as a teenager too. I would have jumped at the chance to be told what my future held. So, 15 year old Heather, I’m here to tell you a thing or two about your life over the next ten years.
1. Love your body. Please. Cherish those pre-pregnancy hips and know that you are beautiful just the way you are.
2. You know that guy you’ve been dreaming about? Well, he’s even better than you imagined. Oh, yeah, and you’re going to marry him a lot sooner than you think!
3. Yes, you will have heartache, but you will also have joy beyond anything you can imagine.
4. There is life beyond BYU. As a matter of fact, you should definitely make sure to apply to SVU. And get used to traveling.
5. Figure out who you are and what you want in life, then fight for it! Enjoy the journey and DON’T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF!
I know this isn’t a great picture, but it’s the only picture I have from when I was 15. I took it of myself and included it in a letter I wrote to my future husband.