Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Baby Girl

Our ultrasound was first thing in the morning on Monday, and I could hardly sleep. It was like an early Christmas.

We brought Nathan with us. Ryan and I have both been unsure all along whether we are having a boy or girl, so we knew we were in for a surprise no matter what. The technician started the ultrasound and asked if we wanted to know the gender. We said yes and she tried, but couldn’t see anything. She said she’d try again later. I was so scared we were going to go home not knowing! At the end of the ultrasound, she tried again but no amount of poking or prodding could entice that baby to give us a good look. Finally, the technician said, “well, the baby just closed it’s legs even tighter.” I was kind of freaking out! Finally she said, “I think it’s a girl, but I don’t have any proof for you.” The doctor would try again and give us his opinion.

IMG_2691

The doctor never really got the look he was hoping for, but told us he is 95% sure it’s a girl. By the end of the ultrasound he was able to point out what he thought were girl parts, but it would seem she’s quite the little lady and doesn’t want to show off. More likely she’s just really, really stubborn.

IMG_2694

So we, are planning on a girl (95% is good enough for me!) but I guess we could end up with a big surprise! Either way, we feel so blessed to know that we have a healthy, beautiful baby coming to our home.

Nathan is the only one who has insisted it’s a girl from the beginning, but when we told him he was right he said, “NO! It’s a boy baby!” I think he just feels it’s his job as a two year old to be contrary about everything in life.

1 comment: