Friday, December 9, 2011

On the Town

Saturday was Ryan’s big company Christmas party in downtown Seattle. We thought this would be a fun time to celebrate our anniversary since I will either be 9+ months pregnant, in labor, or have a brand new baby on our next anniversary. We left Nathan with my parents on Saturday morning and didn’t pick him up until Sunday evening. It was the perfect break- smack dab in the middle of potty training! We’ve never left Nathan overnight before and we wanted to do it at least once before the baby comes.

We spent Saturday afternoon walking around Pike Place Market. Dinner at the party wasn’t until 7:30 so we stopped at the market to buy some bread and cheese and apples to munch on while we got ready, then headed to our hotel.

IMG_2649

IMG_2650

IMG_2651

I couldn’t resist putting on this fluffy bathrobe while I got ready for the party.

IMG_2658

Yep. Ryan is a lucky man.

IMG_2652

Our room had a beautiful view of downtown Seattle. We could see the Space Needle, The Convention Center (where the party was), and Washington Federal (where Ryan works).

IMG_2662

I always look so silly in pictures we take of ourselves. It’s tough when you have a foot between you in height.

IMG_2663

The party was really fun and I’m so glad I got to meet all the people Ryan works with. I felt so pretty, but so exhausted. Pregnant Heather did a lot of walking that day (in heels!) and I had to hold on to Ryan most of the night.

IMG_2664

I loved getting dressed up and having a special date with Ryan. Not a bad night for a woman who spends 90% of her time in sweats!

In case you were wondering how Nathan did- he was great! He was really bummed when we told him we had to go home and he even called me Nana once! We should really do this more often.

3 comments:

Mrs Abbott said...

Heather, You look so pretty! How fun! Good idea about staying the night! We've done that several times before babies came!

Foxphi@hotmail.com said...

Ditto, Heather--you look great! I love your earrings, and those pictures are great! Glad Nathan had a good time, too!

The Gray Family said...

After reading this blog post and seeing how much fun you had dressing up and looking gorgeous it gave me the motivation to get a little bit more dressed up and put make up on for our date night tonight. Looks like you guys had so much fun!