Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas 2011

This was the first Christmas in a long time where we didn’t do any traveling, and it was really nice. It was so great to spend Christmas morning in our own house with our own tree, but we also got to spend a lot of time with my family.

Even without travel, I made myself a little crazy this year. I tried so hard to make everything really easy and low-key this year, but I still ended up staying up until almost 2 o’clock on Christmas Eve finishing homemade pajama pants for us to wear.

Ryan turned 29 on Christmas Eve. I’m so happy to celebrate him and his birthday, but I really need to make better deadlines for myself since I really have to stop thinking about Christmas a few days beforehand so I can focus on Ryan.

We had a nice dinner and presents at our house with my family, including my brother Ryan, who flew in from Rexburg that night.

IMG_2718

IMG_2719

Nathan got to leave cookies for Santa, and eat a few, too.

 IMG_2723

Christmas morning, Ryan and I woke up before Nathan did and couldn’t go back to sleep so we sat in bed and giggled like little kids until he woke up. There’s just something about Christmas morning that’s fun no matter what age you are.

IMG_2700

It was especially fun with Nathan this year. When Ryan asked him was Christmas is about, Nathan excitedly yelled, “JESUS!” I’m so glad we got that point across to him. A few days after Christmas he came into my room and said, “What’s Christmas about? Heavenly Father and Jesus!” I love that kid!

IMG_2733

Ryan and I got each other socks for Christmas. Does that make us boring? or just practical?

IMG_2728

IMG_2736

IMG_2737

Our family.

And proof of the darn pajama pants I made.

 

In the afternoon we went over to my parents house in Puyallup to open more gifts and have a yummy dinner. Kevin was there too, and the whole family was together for the first time in a year.

IMG_2742

My grandma sent Nathan these wooden cars that my Grandpa made. He died right after Nathan was born and is the only great-grandparent Nathan never met. I don’t know how long these cars have been around, but I remember playing with them when I was little. I hope Nathan always treasures them.

IMG_2740

We spent the whole day in our jammies ( I wanted to make my late night sewing feel worth it) and enjoyed our time celebrating with family.

1 comment:

The Hojnackes said...

The PJ pants look great!