Sunday, April 26, 2009

Nathan's First Sunday

Today we took Nathan to church for the first time (just sacrament meeting, I'm not ready to try all 3 hours quite yet). He was asleep most of the time so we actually got the enjoy the meeting. I know I should take advantage of this while it lasts. Here's a little Nathan update: 

He is now 3 1/2 weeks old. We took him to the Dr on Tuesday and he weighed 8lbs 15 oz (46%) and was 21 3/4 in long (79%). So, he is tall and skinny. Hmm . . . I wonder where he gets that from! He is still a very good baby, although he certainly has his days!

Ryan and Heather update:

We are still very anxiously waiting to find out where we are headed for grad school this fall. Right now nothing seems to be working out like we want it to and it's getting very frustrating. Hopefully by the end of the week we will have a plan. Hopefully. I don't have much to update about myself, except that I feel more like I have the hang of motherhood and I am glad to be mostly recovered physically (nobody told me how hard recovery would be!) Some people have expressed interest in hearing my labor and delivery story and I am working on "compiling" that info so I can share it with you all. Over all, we are doing great and we are enjoying being a little family of three!

Here are a few pictures of Nathan's first Sunday.




















This picture just shows how long he is getting!

5 comments:

trishaz said...

Nathan is so cute!! He looks like just the right combination of the two of you, but he definitely has the "Bartron Scowl". Love, Mom B

kristie said...

Yeah, I call the recovery part the 4th trimester. You're still uncomfortable and nothing fits!

Beck said...

What a beautiful family! I'm glad you're doing well, and that you're adapting to motherhood. :) It only gets better from here.

Mike and Heidi said...

I'm glad all is well with you. I agree, nobody really warns you about the whole recovery thing. He really is a cute baby. I wish we lived closer so I could see him in person! Good luck with the grad school stuff!

Janey said...

We love to see more photos of Nathan! He's a sweet pea. He does have a little scowl going on! Hm, does that mean there's a little attitude behind it?

Love,
Mom