Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Goals

In Sunday School this week we were all asked to write down a list of 5 goals that we have. I was shocked to find out that I couldn't think of anything! I mean, I'm a planner, a thinker aheader, an over analyzer . . . with no goals. Well, nothing besides: take a shower everyday, lose that last 5 pounds, make it through the day. The usual. I have always had goals in my life but, is it sad to say that most of the goals I made growing up only went as far as motherhood? I am truly blessed to have achieved so much at 23. I am married in the temple, have started a beautiful family, got my degree, and so forth. But I really never thought much about what I want to do next. So, I have been thinking and I am going to come up with 5 new goals for my life (or more, if I can). I want to be the ambitious girl that wrote a list of 65+ goals for my life. I guess I can check getting my driver's license off that list . . . and going on a date. Anyway, now that I am a "grown up" it's time to start thinking ahead again. And while some days I may only be able to live one day at a time, I want to live my life to the fullest and know that I achieved everything I ever dreamed.




3 comments:

j and s (but mainly s) said...

i totally know how you feel. i didnt make any goals beyond college/being a mom and now i'm wondering what to do with my life..

Beck said...

I understand you, too. (I have a few more years on you, but I understand;) My next goal is to go back to school, get a second degree, and start my own business...of course this will take several years, but I have something in my sights. :) You'll find something that just calls to you to accomplish. It might take you until you're 27 ;) but you'll find it.

Janey said...

Awww I remember that sweet baby girl! You went from sitting on the keyboard to learning to play the piano. You have accomplished more than some people do in a lifetime!

Love you just the way you are,
MOM