Saturday, December 19, 2009

Bad Hair Year

There are a lot of things no one tells you about pregnancy. Some of these things can be downright shocking to experience, but in my opinion, it's the crazy stuff that lingers with you far after you give birth that really gets frustrating. For example, no one told me that ALL of my hair was going to fall out in huge clumps every time I shower, comb it, bump up against something, walk, breathe . . . . you get the picture. Thankfully, the falling out part has slowed down a ton. But now, I get to deal with the far less attractive growing back in stage. I really should have gone with my gut and dressed as Hermione for Halloween this year. I have these tufts . . . oh, it's bad. Anyway, this is just a heads up to anyone who will experience this phenomenon in the future and also an explanation to those who are wondering why I have inch long bangs sprouting from my forehead.


Also, I am not ashamed to say that I did not walk away from pregnancy without stretch marks. I would like to think that I am not the only one so I want to share my amazing find with you. Boots Botanics Stretch mark Corrector Cream. Amazing. I have been using it for about 3 weeks and my stretch marks have pretty much disappeared. It's a little pricey ($12 at Target) but you don't need much and it's simply amazing. Okay, now we will never speak of this again.

2 comments:

The Hojnackes said...

I am going to try the cream! (since I just had my fourth I may have one or two stretch marks, I wouldn't know because I quit counting)

Caitlinp said...

I'm right there with you. The hair thing is just weird and the stretch marks--I didn't even see them until AFTER delivery. I thought I was safe. Not fair at all. I guess these babies are worth it though, right? :)