Friday, June 19, 2009

A Birthday and a Blessing

Wednesday was my birthday. I turned 23. According to Ryan, I'm now old (at least he says, "you're not the teenager I married"). We had a laid back day. Ryan took the day off so he made me waffles for breakfast. We were going to have a picnic for dinner but it was raining and hailing most of the day so we had our picnic in the living room instead. Because Ryan was home I got to go to book club without the baby. Afterwards, we went out for ice cream at Cold Stone. I didn't want to bake a whole cake for just the two of us because we would totally have eaten it all by ourselves! We've done that in the past but I'm really trying to lose the baby weight so half a cake would not have helped the situation. It was a fun day, especially because I got to spend it with my two wonderful men! I took a few pictures but none of them are very exciting. Not blog worthy.

On Sunday, July 5 we are blessing Nathan. We waited a bit so that my family can come from Washington. My Dad pointed out that he will probably be pretty heavy when they bless him. Oh well, it's a good thing I know a lot of strong men! Anyway, I have no idea what he is going to wear! I don't want to spend a lot of money and I want to get him something he can wear again. Any ideas?

2 comments:

KDorman said...

leJust get a nice outfit to wear! we did this for our first one! It was alike a little suit type! Have fun!

Tia Langston said...

I might have something you could borrow. Not sure if there's time for you to look through my stuff though. :o)