Tuesday, January 8, 2013

It’s a New Year!

I’m kind of a high stress person. I tend to worry about the ‘what'-ifs” in my life. If there was a poster girl for sweatin’ the small stuff- I would be that girl!

So, this new year, instead of coming up with a mountain of resolutions, I’ve decided to have a motto for the year. A theme for all my thoughts and actions.

The theme for 2013 is “No Guilt”

Like so many women, I’m a guilt magnet. I give myself the hardest time about everything I do. But not this year (and hopefully not ever again).

Normally I would have felt guilty that Nathan had pancakes for dinner last night. Not this year.

I would have berated myself for reading a book instead of doing the dishes. Not this year.

I would have focused on the fact that I didn’t accomplish a single resolution form 2012. Instead I’m focusing on the things I did accomplish. I birthed a baby. I lost 45 pounds (okay, so some of that came off in the form of said chubby baby). I read 17 books. I kept the baby-  and her brother - alive. All year!

This is not to say that I’m going to let myself get away with everything and not feel bad about it. I’m simply going to learn to let things go. 2013 is the year I learn to live a little.

Here’s an awesome article that pretty much sums it up for me.

http://www.daringyoungmom.com/2012/12/19/drops-of-awesome/

Here’s to a guilt-free new year!

3 comments:

The Hojnackes said...

Such a great idea! That article is great and I think every woman needs to learn from it.

Matt and Christy said...

That is great. I beat myself up all the time, and it is so important that moms take time for themselves and not feel guilty.

Janie Ward said...

Love this Heddy! I am still trying to learn the "no guilt" thing. I am so proud of all the wonderful things you are!

Love,
Mom