Sunday, January 31, 2010

January Projects

Like many of you, I love starting new projects. There are so many new things I want to try. I'm sure I'm also not alone when I say that I have a hard time getting my projects finished. So, this year I have decided that I am going to give myself a schedule to get my projects done. I have a project, or a few small projects, that I am going to work on and complete each month. On the last day of each month, I'll blog about my completed projects (because, knowing me, I'll be working until the last minute). Hopefully this will keep me motivated. You don't have to care about my projects, but feel free to give me some positive feedback if you want!

Okay, so here are January's projects:

I made the fanciest shopping bag holder EVER! My plastic shopping bags were taking over my home! I have reusable bags, but I'm lucky if I remember to bring my driver's license, so . . . I have bigger things to worry about! I'm all about using leftover fabric, so yes, my shopping bag holder DOES match the dresses my bridesmaids wore.





My other project this month was organizing my recipes. I was going to print them all out and put them in a binder, but when I realized that it was going to be close to 200 pages, I decided to organize them on the computer (still a big project).

Stay tuned for February's projects! I'm really excited!

4 comments:

AlixSteele said...

I have in my home both of those fabrics. The bridesmaid dress and the rice bag.

The Hojnackes said...

What a great idea! Blogging about things really does help you get it done. I like the bag holder.

trishaz said...

I like seeing what you are up to. The bag holder is so great - what a reminder of a happy day!

Caitlinp said...

That's the fanciest plastic bag holder I've ever seen. I like your plan for blogging your projects, too.